Thursday, November 03, 2005

Answered & Attained

       My LORD, what is your Word that I should understand it? And your revelation that my eyes be open to it? Again, the Word that I should attain it? Do I grasp it or does it rather take hold of me? Questions come quickly and are often asked because of insolence and are also often masked as genuine curiosity. Wisdom - yours and not ours - has answered every question whether in full or part. If partly, it is only because of our own finite incapacity. We contemplate, we discover and we test, hoping the answer - that answer - will finally cure our own insatiableness. Wisdom says it is as "chasing after the wind". Though, there is one question that absolutely must be answered. Curiously enough, by us and not You. It is a simple query and the affirmative is just as simple in its response. The negation thereof, however is quite complicated on a superficial level but ultimately just as simple. Those who choose the latter will deny that claim to their own demise. Wherever the answer is grasped, wherever it is revealed, wherever it is understood...there it is accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment